*Updated as at May 2018 in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (‘GDPR’) (for more information on the GDPR, see here: http://www.eugdpr.org)
1. The information we collect from you
In the course of using CultureRoute’s website and interacting with its representatives, you may be requested to provide information that includes the following:
- Your full names;
- Your nationality and/or citizenship;
- Your date of birth;
- Your home language, and level of language proficiency;
- Your address;
- Your contact details, including your telephone number and e-mail address;
- Your academic background and level of education, and in some cases your degree certificates, english proficiency certificates or transcripts;
- Your marital status;
- Information about your health;
- A copy of your passport and/or visa;
- A photograph of yourself;
- A voice recording and/or video recording;
- A copy of a criminal background check;
- A copy of your travel insurance details;
- Any relevant medical information;
- The contact details of an emergency contact.
- We may also record for your IP address for purposes of Google Analytics tracking.
2. You must consent to give us your information before we collect it
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. You may also delete cookies or browse in “Incognito Mode” to avoid using cookies at all.
4. What we do with your information
We do not sell your information to any third-parties. The information you provide to us is used by CultureRoute or our placement partners for the following purposes only:
- To determine your suitability and eligibility for the programs offered by CultureRoute and/or its placement partners;
- For purposes of placing you in paid employment via the programs offered byCultureRoute and/or its placement partners;
- To facilitate applications for visas and permits in relation to the programs offered by and/or its placement partners;
- To assist you in booking flights, accommodation and obtaining travel insurance;
- To send you information via e-mail about our programs, new programs that we launch and promotional offers – subject always to your right to unsubscribe from receiving such e-mail communications.
5. How we keep your information safe
The information that you provide to CultureRoute is stored on behalf ofCultureRoute on web servers hosted by Google, WPEngine, Salesforce, Xero, MailChimp and Stripe, all of which specialize in secure data management and protection, and which to the best of our knowledge are compliant with the GDPR. The information that we provide on your behalf to third-parties with your consent is done so via secure e-mail, and is then processed subject to their terms and conditions.
6. Your rights in relation to information that you provide to us
Should you wish at any time to view the information that we have collected from you, or to modify or delete this information, you may e-mail [email protected] with a request to do so. Should you wish to be “forgotten” – i.e. for us to delete all of your personal information stored by CultureRoute – you may also e mail [email protected] and we will do so and confirm that we have done so by return e-mail.