Terms and Conditions
- These terms and conditions apply to the use of all websites and social media accounts owned and operated by CultureRoute Pte Ltd (‘CultureRoute’), and to all programs offered by CultureRoute on www.cultureroute.com (‘website’).
- CultureRoute is a private company with registered in Singapore, with company registration number 201725185W. For more information about its shareholders and directors click here. For CultureRoute’s contact information click here.
- By using CultureRoute’s website and/or registering for any of the courses offered by CultureRoute, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
(b) Courses offered by CultureRoute
- CultureRoute offers a range of online courses.
- CultureRoute offers the placement programs through selected partner organizations. When you register for any of these programs you will be required to agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of the applicable organization, which terms and conditions will be supplied to you in advance.
- CultureRoute cannot guarantee the availability of the programs we offer, but we do undertake to do our best to keep you updated as to program availability.
- The teach abroad placement programs offered by CultureRoute are subject to you being eligible for registration based on your nationality and/or level of education or academic qualification. The eligibility requirements for each of these programs are indicated on their respective program pages, hosted on our website.
(c) Pricing and payment
- The prices for all courses offered by CultureRoute are indicated on our website, and priced in United States Dollars (‘USD’) as a base currency.
- When you select to register for a course you will receive an invoice reflecting the amount paid..
- Payment may be made via Visa, Mastercard or American Express credit and/or debit cards.
- All credit card and debit card transactions will be acquired for CultureRoute by Stripe (‘Stripe’). Stripe utilizes Secure Socket Layer 3 (SSL3) security, and no credit card details are stored on our website. You may view Stripe’s terms and conditions for further information.
- All course fees paid to CultureRoute are non-refundable.
- The website and these terms and conditions are governed by Singapore law, and any dispute arising in connection with the website and/or these terms and conditions is subject to Singapore law, and is to be determined by a court with jurisdiction in Singapore. CultureRoute’s chosen address for the service of any notices or legal proceedings is: Culture Route Pte Ltd, 30 Cecil Street, #19-08 Prudential Tower, Singapore, 049712.
- CultureRoute may in its sole discretion vary any of these terms and conditions, without prior notice.
(g) Grading Policy
Grades will be assigned based solely on student performance and not on prevailing student norms or students’ perceptions of their performance. The course syllabus clearly communicates performance standards and these standards will be fairly and consistently applied throughout the course. Grading standards have been developed based exclusively on course objectives reflecting the appropriate level of content mastery, including mastery of the subject matter as well as mastery of core curriculum components.
Each assignment will be given a score out of 100. The exact grade breakdown of each assignment can be found in the table at the bottom of the syllabus. Grades will be assigned based solely on student performance and not on prevailing student norms or students' perceptions of their performance. Each assignment clearly communicates performance standards and they will be fairly and consistently applied throughout the semester. Grading standards have been developed based exclusively on course objectives reflecting the appropriate level of content mastery, peer feedback, including mastery of the subject matter as well as mastery of those core curriculum components, such as effective writing and information literacy, deemed appropriate to the course.
It is expected that the grade of A is awarded only to those students whose work is truly exceptional, reflecting both content mastery and the ability to analyze and articulate that material. Grades of B and C imply incrementally lesser degrees of content mastery, but still meeting established standards. The grade of D represents the lowest passing grade and denotes borderline content mastery. The definition of each grade level is as follows:
- A = Outstanding: Performance excels far above established standards for university-level performance
- B = Superior: Performance is above established standards
- C = Good: Performance meets established standards
- D = Substandard: Performance is below established standards
- F = Failure: Performance does not meet minimum requirements
More information on course participation, assignment expectations, and assignment grading is
included in the course syllabus.
(h) Course Passing Requirement
In order to pass the course students must receive no lower than an 84% for the final course grade. Additional Course Policies Late Assignments. No late work is accepted. Extra Credit. Extra credit will not be assigned or considered. There is ample opportunity in the grading components to earn an appropriate grade for your efforts.
(i) Switching Courses
If a student wishes to move courses, they must do so no less than 30 days prior to their original course start date.
Any less than 30 days from the scheduled course, switching courses is not permitted.
(j) Failing a Course
Failure with good faith effort. If a student fails the course due to struggling with the course content, but shows that they are committed to the course and are doing the assigned work and turning it in on time, then they may retake the course at a discounted price of 50% of the initial course cost. In this instance, they will need to retake the course in its entirety. Failure due to lack of participation. In the case in which a student fails the course due to lack of participant, then they would need to retake the course at full initial course cost. Lack of participations means the student:
- Fails to turn in any of the course assignments
- Fails to complete quizzes (if a prerequisite of the course),
- Fails to attend any Skype presentation (if a prerequisite of the course)
- Fails to complete the final exam (if a prerequisite of the course
(k) Course Satisfaction Policy
If a student is dissatisfied with the quality of the course or instructor, or the manners of the instructor, they are entitled to a full refund, if, after investigation, Culture Route finds that the course content or instructor fails to maintain the highest standards of professionalism. If the student finds issue in any of these areas and wishes to obtain a refund, they must submit their refund claim in writing to the Refund Department at [email protected] They will be notified within 14 days of a decision regarding their claim.